Microsoft Bing or Google search engines? Most folks will strongly lean toward one or the other, but did you know that by using Microsoft Bing, you can search for Office 365 content without even opening SharePoint, OneDrive, Teams or other Office products? The power behind this comes from the tie-in Microsoft has made with Bing, it's other products and your account. In fact, it is such a harmonious service that it will only show you what you have access to see. Cool right?
To learn more about how this process works, please visit the Microsoft documentation here: How Microsoft Search in Bing helps keep your info secure - Microsoft Support.
** Note this ONLY works with Microsoft Bing search engine. **
To start searching:
- Using Microsoft Edge, open https://www.bing.com
- In the upper right corner, ensure that you are signed in with your Calvertnet email account
- Click the School option in the ribbon in the top left portion of the menu
- From this screen, you can view the majority of content that exists within Office 365. Search for any files in your OneDrive, SharePoint; view calendar events and more
- For example, by clicking on Recent Files, you will be presented with the files you most recently viewed or edited
It's a hidden gem and tremendous time saver. Give it a try!
Remember though, you will only see files you have rights to see. If you feel that you are seeing content that you should not see, please reach out to the owner of that content and let them know.
If you experience any issues during this process, please submit a ticket with the help desk team so they can reach out with assistance.